Saturday, October 11, 2008

Me Gusta No Me Gusta Part-o Uno

Taking a page from MJ's book, I've decided to put together a Me Gusta, No Me Gusta List for those of you who care to know what me gustas and what me doesn't gusta. Over the course of the next week or so, I will make several entries telling you about some things I like and some things of which I am not a big fan. Without further ado, I bring you today's portion ...

Me Gusta: The Funeral by Band of Horses
Ever since this song first apeared on my radar in the Ford Edge ads last year, it's been a veritable love affair. (The irony of a car commercial featuring a song that is about death and whose actual music video revolves around a car crash is inescapable.) I had a great time trying to figure out what the song was, too, with no lyrics to Google and nothing but an insanely catchy guitar riff to go by, but I eventually worked my search engine magic and came out successful. The main guitar line of this song is, without a doubt, one of the catchiest you'll ever hear. I'd just gotten it out of my head from those Ford ads a few months ago, and then CSI started using it for their Season 9 premiere marketing. Looks like it's hear (bad pun intended) to stay.

No Me Gusta: The Ocean
It's up to no good, I tell you. Thousands of pounds of pressure. Trillions of gallons of undrinkable water. Sharks. Jellyfish. Fire coral. Shipwrecks. Barricuda. How could Quint, Captain Smith, or Coral stand a chance? Look, but don't touch. I love the beach, but I am terrified of the ocean. I don't typically go out past my knees, and even then, I often end up screaming and yelping as I bound back up the shore, "Something touched my leg!!!"

No comments: